Our Content Agency Story
Article Writers Australia was established in 2009. We’re a small content agency located in Sydney.
Initially, we provided only content writing services, but in 2014 we expanded. We wanted to offer clients a coordinated approach to content creation for their brands.
Strategy & writing services
In addition to a range of writing services, we assist clients with content planning, editorial calendars, topic research, and content strategy assessment and documentation. As HubSpot agency partners, we’re well placed to assist HubSpot users by creating ebooks, writing regular blog content, and assisting with the planning and implementation of inbound marketing campaigns.
A modern business culture
Happy workers make for happy clients. Our aim has always been to create an environment that allows our team to work from home, and to enjoy a flexible work schedule. We believe that people come first. And we want everyone who works for us to be able to prioritise family matters without guilt.
We don’t operate from commercial offices. We manage projects in the cloud, so it’s unlikely we’ll ever need to. Our writers are located in NSW, QLD, VIC, SA and WA. Most other team members, including our content strategist and senior editor, are in Sydney.
Meet the team
Andrew Shaw: Client concierge, strategist, writer. After writing for us for around 2 years, Andrew has recently taken on a new mission for us: to take charge of commencing clients and make sure they are deliriously happy with their content and are using it in a way that’s likely to yield tangible results! If you’re about to commence with us, Andrew will become your main point of contact.Moving into content marketing just a few years ago, Andrew brought with him almost 20 years of experience as a professional journalist and editor. He holds degrees in journalism, and film and television, and has exceptional instincts when it comes to understanding audiences.
Annet Hoek is a research consultant with over 15 years’ international experience across a range of industries, from both client and market research agency sides. Backed by a PhD in consumer research, Annet knows the art of asking the right questions. She is keen to help clients use the power of evidence and research to create better content and services.
There are too many writers for us to list full profiles. Here are some of the qualifications of our writing team members:
Areas of Work Experience
- Human Resources
- Public Relations
- Education marketing & PR (tertiary institution)
- Public Relations (sporting clubs)
- Law (courts and tribunal)
- Property management
- Real estate (residential)
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Insurance investigation
- General & business insurance
- Life & income protection insurance
- Insurance brand strategy & communications
- Financial analyst
- Account services/bookkeeping
- Medical transcription
- Clinical costing
- Policing & private investigation
- Website design and development
- IT manager
- Social Media management
- Adwords management
- Bachelor of Arts, Journalism Studies
- Bachelor of Communications (Media Studies)
- Certificate IV Government Investigations
- Graduate Certificate in Communication
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Master of Arts (Art History)
- Bachelor of Visual Art and Applied Design
- Bachelor of Music, Performance (Voice)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management & HR)
- Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Journalism
- Diploma of Journalism
- Certificate IV in Public Relations
- Bachelor of Creative Arts, Creative Writing
- Masters of Applied Finance
- Diploma of Financial Services
Subscribe to our newsletter:
- 7 Tips for Thought Leadership Writing
- Should your business be ‘capturing leads’?
- How to Brief Content Writers for Inbound Campaign Content
- Australianising US Content: a guide for AU marketing managers
- 8 Digital Marketing Courses Business Owners Can Take for Free
- 5 Inexpensive Visual Tools For Design-Challenged Businesses